Panorama Narrative

Last June, summer of 2017, as a way to celebrate the end of my middle school years and the accomplishments made, I was surprised with a three day trip to Chicago with my mom.  Little did I know the best part was yet to come. Early morning the day of our flight, I got up around 5 am, eager to get to the city I had always dreamed of going. My mom and I drove to the airport, boarded our flight around 7 am, and enjoyed spending some quality time together. Once we landed and reclaimed the bags we had checked in KC, I was informed that we had to wait for my cousin Corinne because she was flying in too! Corinne, a cousin of mine on my dad's side, had just a few months before, moved to Cleveland, Ohio 800 miles away. Although she had previous lived in STL and we've never lived close, we've always shared a special bond. The few times a year we get to see each other is always what I Iook most forward to, so getting to see her earlier than I expected to and getting to travel together was beyond exciting. 

We immediately claimed a taxi and drove downtown to get a bite to eat. With a music festival going on in Millennium Park, there was a large variety of options. We settled with Cece's Pizza while enjoying the music and the beautiful weather. After our bellies were full, we began our adventures. I already had a list composed of sites and attractions I wanted to visit before our stay was over so where to begin was the hardest part. We started by getting Garrett's Popcorn, then from there we went to the Willis Tower, visited the famous Shedd Aquarium, and walked around the Navy Pier. By that time we had already made so much of our day and the sun was beginning to go down. Luckily, we found the cutest little salad shop for dinner before heading back to the hotel. But wait.. little did Corinne and I know we had another surprise coming our way. We were going to Hamilton the musical the next night!


Day two of our trip came too soon, but there was still so much to do. We crossed a few more things off our list such as The Art Institute of Chicago, Dylan's Candy Bar, and ate at Noodle's and Company, our favorite restaurant.Then, later that night, we got ready for Hamilton. We went to some fancy restaurant before going in a and talked about what our favorite moments had been so far. Hamilton, was by far the best part of the trip. I had always dreamed of being able to see the amazing cast perform live and on top of that the music was outstanding. Sadly, this was our last night in the windy city, and it was time to leave the next morning. I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with Corinne and my mom as a little get away, but was sad to leave not knowing the next time I'd be able to see Corinne. 


Panorama Creation and Reflection

The main goal of this assignment was to combine 10 or more images into a panorama by using different layers, adjustments, and blend properties in Adobe Photoshop to tell a story. The story could be anything imaginable ranging from fantasy, to childhood remembrance, to even a favorite memory. For this piece I chose to convey a favorite memory of mine that often look back on a remember with such joy. I found this project to be different than anything I've worked with, so it allowed me to get outside of my comfort level and expand my knowledge of the tools Photoshop has to offer.

Comments