Graphic Design Semeseter Reflection

Throughout this semester of graphics, I've worked with a variety of of Adobe softwares and learned the importance of basic design principles. 



Favorite Projects
One of my favorite projects was the Photoshop pop art assignment because I liked how it was different than anything I had done before. I was introduced to a variety of new tools in photoshop and enjoyed exploring different brush techniques such as brush tools and filters. I messed around with changing brush styles, shapes, sizes, and even colors. For filters, I used cutout under the artistic folder and adjusted number of levels and increased edge simplicity. 


"Last June, summer of 2017, as a way to celebrate the end of my middle school years and the accomplishments made, I was surprised with a three day trip to Chicago with my mom. Little did I know, the best part was yet to come...
The Chicago panorama on the other hand, was fun and unique in a different kind of way. It was a nice change on pace to combine several photographs into a single image instead of working with strictly one image. In addition, I enjoyed writing the blog post from a narrative perspective. It was nice to have the freedom of storytelling in a personal way. 


Overview and Summary
I feel my biggest strength as a member of graphic design class is my ability to collaborate with others. I have no issue voicing my opinions to my class or group members. 

I found my biggest struggle to be time management. Now knowing that this is such a key component to the class, it's something I'd really like to improve in the future. I've definitely learned the importance of understanding deadlines and planning accordingly to meet them. On the flip side however, there were also times when I was ahead of schedule and finished sooner than anticipated. In those situations, I learned that there's always room for improvement. Taking time to rework and redo can be very rewarding in the end.

Future Goals
As far as my future in graphic design, I hope to continue with the class both junior and senior year as of now. I hope to further my abilities by taking time to work on projects outside of class in addition to graded assignments. I think this will allow me even more creativity and expand my creative portfolio.


Comments