Written News Story

''Olathe Northwest Student Ella Hiebert has a unique passion for dance, specifically ballet.

Olathe Northwest sophomore Ella Hiebert dances at American Dance Center and commits a lot of her time towards improving her practice and technique. Her mother placed her in dance at a very young age and from there she knew that’s what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. As Ella quotes, “I think It’d be really interesting if I could be a professional dancer, then do to college for physical therapy”. Dance has provided Ella with a variety of opportunites such as performing in the Nutcracker as well. Ella is eager to share her unique skill and passion with others. "


The way I wrote this new story was based on what information I knew already about Ella and her dance from my previous 1 in 2000 project. Writing this story was easier than previous assignments based on the fact that I had already done something similar previously.

In the future, I would like to possibly broaden the topic to make room for variations such as several interviewees rather than just one subject or point of view.

Additionally,I feel that writing news stories isn't my greatest strength, however, I do think it's been a good writing experience.

Comments